History of the Bundy Museum
In 1889, Willard L. Bundy, a jeweler and inventor, and his brother Harlow, a young entrepreneur, began manufacturing time recording clocks in downtown Binghamton, New York.
In 1892, the Elfred Bartoo-designed Queen Anne style home was built at 129 Main Street for Harlow and his wife Julia. The couple and their children Helen, Bruce, and Margaret, lived in the house until 1906. As the family grew and flourished, so did the Bundy Manufacturing Company. By the turn of the 20th century, thousands of workers world wide were clocking in on Bundy Time Recording machines. By 1924, Harlow Bundy’s company had grown to become International Business Machines - IBM.
In what was their home, The Bundy Museum opened in 2004, with the mission of preserving the house and the history of the Bundy brothers, family, and company; celebrating the elegance of the Victorian era; and promoting the arts.